Your Daily Bowel Prep

GoLytely for your head...

Sunday, August 27, 2006

My 2 Favorite George's

"It's not a lie, if you believe it"- George Costanza from Seinfeld "The Beard".

Seems like our President is sounding more and more like George Costanza these days. It must suck to be a public figure, and have to keep track of everything that wanders out of your mouth in the age of the blogger. I don't envy the President. He's not very good at improvisation to say the least.

I know other bloggers have already picked up on this, but I don't know of any others who have made the George Costanza connection.

THE PRESIDENT: What did Iraq have to do with what?

Q The attack on the World Trade Center?

THE PRESIDENT: Nothing, except for it's part of -- and nobody has ever suggested in this administration that Saddam Hussein ordered the attack. Iraq was a -- the lesson of September the 11th is, take threats before they fully materialize, Ken. Nobody has ever suggested that the attacks of September the 11th were ordered by Iraq. I have suggested, however, that resentment and the lack of hope create the breeding grounds for terrorists who are willing to use suiciders to kill to achieve an objective. I have made that case.

The entire transcript here

You can almost hear the little voice in his head, screaming, "...SHIT I'm cornered!!" But of course there were MANY in his administration including the President, that did just that, suggest there was a connection between Sept. 11 and Operation Iraqi Freedom.

This of course would all be a very funny Seinfeld episode if there weren't so much death and destruction that went along with those decisions, neatly wrapped in deceit.

It seems much of the US Military believe the lie, however. (A nod to ZNet). This reminds me of all the things I was told to believe when I was in the Corps. Oh, those heroic Kuwaiti's just minding their own business...the demon possessed Iraqi Army pulling babies from incubators. I mean you have to whip up the guys somehow to get them to want to risk their young lives and assault into an ambush. Nobody wants to die for nothing. I can't blame the guys there for believing what they believe. Very few people can shoot at someone without a plausible reason.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home