Your Daily Bowel Prep

GoLytely for your head...

Monday, October 09, 2006

What was and what is now

I was watching Egypt, Engineering an Empire tonight on the History Channel. It made me think of one of the worlds first super powers. I also thought of Timbuktu (TOMBOUCTOU) one of the intellectual centers of the world a few hundred years ago. Here in the U.S. we've forgotten that superpowers eventually fall, usually because of some strategic mistake.

Egypt, Engineering an Empire

I just wish popular culture would stop making Egyptians look more like they were born in Denmark rather than Africa.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

That is my fear with America. As Americans we forget that there was a history long before Columbus took a wrong turn. The sad part is that the kings and queens or rich and powerful flee the country and live life. It is the comman people that end up suffering the most.

10 October, 2006 12:46  

Post a Comment

<< Home